- This event has passed.
Weekday Workshop: Creating Photos With Impact
January 11 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$40
What makes a photo pop? What differentiates photographic art from everyday snapshots? Digital photography and smartphones put a camera in everybody’s hand. Having the latest technology does not make one a good photographer. Creating photographic images that leave a lasting impression on the viewers requires vision, technical execution, and attention to details. Fortunately, with a few pointers, practice and feedback, everyone can learn and be a better photographer.
In this workshop, you’ll discuss the elements that give impact to a photo. Some of the topics that will be covered are:
- Storytelling with photos
- Use of lighting to create mood and impact
- Controlling your background for pleasing images
- Photography in inclement weather
- When to go Black and White
- Creative techniques
- Introduction to post-processing
- Equipment and accessories
The techniques discussed in this workshop can be applied to many genres of photography. Many of the examples used be in the area of natural and urban landscape, garden photography and macro, family photography, and travel photography.
The workshop consists of two parts:
- Part 1 is a presentation during which we’ll discuss the techniques for creating impactful photographs, with many image samples and a before-and-after comparison.
- Part 2 is an image critique session. Each participant can submit 4 to 8 images ahead of the workshop. The speaker will provide constructive feedback on the strength of each image, and what can be improved based on the topics covered in the workshop.
Participants are expected to have an understanding of the basic operation of their camera.
This workshop will take place in a series. There are a total of three (3) sessions which participants are asked to commit to. The dates are January 11, January 25, and February 8 from 6PM – 7PM. Registration covers all three dates.
Deadline to register is January 7th, 2023.
Cancellations for any reason must be done 3 days before workshops for value of workshop to be applied to a gift certificate. Late cancellations are not eligible for exchange value.
Registration for this workshop is now closed.